Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dear size six...

...you are now too big! Woot woot!

Forgive my lack of posts, but I just haven't had much inspiration lately as not much is really new with me. Well that's not entirely true, maybe I just haven't felt like boring you with my workout routines. But today I shall! Haha! One new thing I'm really  in love with are my weekend runs at Pena Adobe. In the past I ran around the lagoon, but that was then and this is now. Now i'm pushing myself more and more to take on new challenges. So I run hills now. It's exhausting, it's hot, and I'm completely wiped out when I'm done, but it feels amazing. I still have my heart set on running a half marathon sometime this year, and now I'm starting to think one with a few hills wouldn't be so bad. When you spend every morning in the gym, on some sort of machine, its nice to spend a couple hours out in the fresh air creating your own resistance and incline.
I'm still not really seeing the scale go down much now that i'm hovering around 128lbs but I'm ok with that. I know it will come and I'm happy with the work i'm putting in right now. I'm happy with the way I look right now, which is crazy because I've never felt that way before. But I do want more. And nothing like a summer Vegas vacation to really push myself to tone up before spending a week by the pool.
The hills at Pena Adobe are one thing, but my next adventure to tackle is a 4 day Tahoe hike. I feel like the hike will be somewhat of a challenge since I have all the pack weight to carry, but I'm thinking it's really going to be alot of fun. Haha how twisted is that? Yay for 4 days of backpacking! You couldn't have paid me to do this in the past. It's amazing to me how my priorities and interests have changed so much in these past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment