Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nutrition is such a huge part of losing & maintaining weight. You can exercise all you want but to really achieve serious results and live a healthy lifestyle, you have to be aware of what you are putting into your body. The more I learn the more I see how important it is for the food I eat to fuel my body, not just satisfy my hunger. I have decided to take my 30 day paleo diet challenge to another level. The longer I do it the easier it is becoming. It has forced me to be creative and find new foods to enjoy that I would not have done had it not been for the diet. My tummy feels happier on paleo. I'm not having any digestive issues, I never feel bloated or stuffed, and I haven't had any headaches (i'm prone to migranes) since I've been on the diet. I figure, why give something up that is giving me such positive results? Now I'm not saying I will never eat another piece of bread or scoop of ice cream, but for the most part I plan on striving to be paleo 100% during the week. Weekends and special occassions will be times that I will allow myself to "cheat" if I feel like indulging or satisfying a craving. I'm not only striving to meet a weight goal, but for a healthier life. I want to feel good all the time, I want to do more good then harm to my body, and I want to be able to educate others.
Now here is my plug for the day...
Snacking is important but most of us reach for chips or candy throughout the day. Fruit is good but sometimes we need more substance. Try something natural, healthy and yummy...
http://www.larabar.com/about/larabar-101

No comments:

Post a Comment