Thursday, August 9, 2012

Just Keep Showing Up...


It's been 4 months since I first stepped foot into Crossfit Solano and suffered through the first week of onramp (beginner intro classes). To be able to look back on such a short amount of time and see how much I've grown makes me so excited for what is to come. The past 4 months of workouts have been filled with frustration, sweat, sometimes blood, and triumphs. Some days I feel like I can conquer anything, other days I feel like I'm taking two steps backwards, but it's all part of the process. Every day I'm there I'm getting stronger. I have to attribute part of my success not only to Steve who is always supportive, but also to the amazing coaches and members of CFS. There is no way I would have deadlifted 205# yesterday without the girls I was working with and my coach cheering for me to get it up as I struggled through the lift. Having someone there in your face yelling at you that you can do it makes all the difference in the world.
Yesterday was such an encouragement, it made me hungry for more. I strict pressed 75#, back squatted 170#, and deadlifted 205#, I can't wait to see what those numbers are 6 months from now.
Those numbers may not be huge, but they make ME so happy.
Definitely gaining muscle. No bicep curls, no shoulder press. 



No comments:

Post a Comment