Thursday, August 23, 2012

Stretchy pants...

I've been maintaining where I'm at for about a year now. Which is a milestone for me. I've lost weight in the past (never this much) but always put it right back on once I stopped working out or stopped caring about what I ate. So seeing my weight stay the same for so long is pretty great. However I have noticed that I've started to learn what I can get away with and still maintain a size 4. I've learned that I can pretty much eat whatever as long as I'm in the gym/working out every day. Which isn't the best thing because while I'll stay the same size, my body composition will change. My stomach won't be as flat and my face will get fuller. I've come to a point in this journey where I've let myself get complacent. I know that what needs to change most is my food intake. I need to be disciplined with my meals to be able to see the results of my time in the gym. Maintaining will no longer suffice, I still have more goals that I need to see myself reach.

Still, even though my diet may not be super clean or 100% paleo, I have seen some gains. I took a detour before grocery shopping last night in the hopes of finding a new pair of black pants for work. I had my heart set on finding a straight leg or skinny pair of pants (wearing slacks all the time is boring). So I take a few pairs into the fitting room and I am immediately frustrated. I can't even get any of these stupid pants past my hips. As much as it made me upset to do it, I went out and grabbed the next size up. They fit perfectly in the legs but were too big in the waste. I threw them off and left. Never in the past did I train my lower body like I do now through crossfit. There is definitely some muscle/power being added to my legs. And I really have no complaints about that, I've never desired bird legs, but now I'll just have to find a way to get away with wearing yoga pants to work.
Apparently I'm not the only one tryin to make it happen!


There are changes coming...stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment