Friday, January 4, 2013

2013 I'm so excited!

Ok yes I'm excited for 2013 but this is my recap of 2012. 2012 was one awesome year for me. All sorts of new fitness related ventures, and I got myself  a fiance in February. I started crossfitting in April, ran my first half marathon in June, participated in a crossfit charity event in October, and competed in my first crossfit competition in December. This past year my fitness goals changed drastically. For so long my goal was weight loss, that was always my reasoning for working out and eating clean. All I wanted was to be thin. The need to be skinny went away when I joined Crossfit Solano. My goal went from wanting to be skinny, to wanting to be strong. For months when I first started losing weight, I wanted to see parts of me get smaller and they did. But all that "feet together, thighs apart" "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" nonsense is complete horse sh*t (pardon my french). Images like this should NOT be on your inspiration board:
Forget that! My thighs touch and I can back squat 170#. Crossfit opened my eyes, it gave me direction, and drive. I was in a rut before I joined, and now I can't picture my life without it (yes it's that damn awesome). The end of 2012 sucked the life out of me, I mean almost literally, I was sick as hell. So I haven't been in the gym for quite some time, but I'm ready to get in there and set new goals for 2013. As of today I'm back on the paleo/clean eating band wagon and plan to stay pretty darn disciplined through the month of April. Once May rolls around I don't really care, I'll be married and allowed to get fat. Haha just kidding!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment