Tuesday, July 29, 2014

#VegLife

A year and a half ago when I was #paleoforlife I would have laughed at the thought of going vegetarian. I wasn't a hater but there was no way I was jumping on that bandwagon, all them veggies and no BACON? No thanks! Ha Ha Ha, never say never Sheri!
I am currently 8 weeks into the vegetarian (pescatarian) life. Yup, you heard me, I don't eat no meat. Everyone and their mother continues to lecture me about proper protein intake and weight gain. I don't care what "diet" you choose, there is always the opportunity to eat crap or eat in excess. Being a vegetarian doesn't mean I over indulge in bread, pasta, and sweets. I still am trying to eat clean. I have not gained any weight in the 8 weeks. (I haven't lost any weight either but I haven't been working out until recently.) I did not do this in an effort to lose weight. I literally woke up one day and was like, lets give it a go. I have no idea if it will be forever or temporary and right now I don't care.
I am not vegan as I still eat fish, a limited amount of dairy and eggs every once in a while.
The important thing is I feel good, and I think I'm starting to see some benefits from eliminating meat.

The movie Forks over Knives spoke volumes to me. Now I don't believe it's the end all be all, it's only one side of the spectrum, but it raises some good questions. As does Food Inc.

Forks over Knives

Food Inc.
\

No comments:

Post a Comment