Monday, April 9, 2012

Fight Gone Bad

Today's WOD (workout of the day) was named "Fight Gone Bad." It literally went bad for me during my second round of wall balls when my tired arms decided to let my face catch the medicine ball...FAIL. No worries, I kept going, but it was painful and there was swearing. The WOD was a total of 15 min of work broken down like this:
3 rounds, 1 minute at each station.
1. Wall balls 20lbs for guys 14lbs for girls (my weak ass did 6lbs)
2. Sumo deadlift high pull 75lbs for guys, 55lbs for girls (I did 55 for this one. woot woot!)
3. Box Jumps 20 inch box
4. Push Press 75lbs for  guys, 55lbs for girls (I did 35lbs)
5. Row for calories
6. Rest
Repeat

What's hardest for me is seeing the other females in class able to do the rx weight and I have to scale it down. I know I'm new to all of this and I have to build up to heavier weights but it's still frusterating for me. I'm hoping to not be as dead sore anymore now that I'm getting into the swing of things because I really need to start running to be ready for my half marathon. I'm really excited about it, and about crossfit. And all the people that tell me I can't do this or that or that it sounds too hard just motivate me even more to push myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment