Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Skinny Minnie"...no thanks

The body type I hope to achieve through crossfitting and eating paleo is not exactly what most girls hope to achieve. Our society shoves one body type in our faces, skinny. In the past that's what I wanted, I just wanted to be THIN. But I've learned alot on this journey of mine and the goals I have for myself have changed significantly. Even before I joined Crossfit Solano I knew that I wanted the majority of my training to be about gaining muscle. Not just hours on end of cardio, but adding definition to my body. I want to be strong. Some people are baffled by this though. They think putting on muscle means being big and bulky like a body builder, this is not what I'm talking about. Have you seen these female crossfit athletes?? They look amazing, forget about looking like a victorias secret model, these chicks work hard and it shows. I don't have any sort of thought that this is something I'm going to achieve over night. Nor do I desire to look just like someone else anymore. I want to look like me, but a stronger me.
True that!
I don't mean for that picture to come off in some sort of perverted way but its true. Clothes may look good on a skinny person, but fit is what I'm going for.
I'm past the thought that some day I'll have slim slender legs, I'm embracing squats and lunges so that my legs are powerful.  The way I train, the way I eat, the way I want my body to change, it's hard for some people to get on board with that. They don't get it. As far as they're concerned I'm good where I'm at. I lost over 20lbs and to them continuing to eat and workout a certain way means I must be trying to lose more weight. I know people just don't get it, they think I'm chasing the same model look that every 14 year old girl is. My answer is always no, I'm not trying to lose weight, I want to be fit. I changed my lifestyle, it wasn't just a fad. It was a forever change that is now a part of who I am.

The shirt I wore to work today 5/9

Wearing the same top a little over a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment