Thursday, March 20, 2014

The highs and lows of the journey...

Spring is here and last weekend was pretty toasty. Steve came home from work on Saturday, looked at me and asked why I wasn't wearing shorts. Ready for my answer? "I don't have any that fit." UGH! Really Sheri?! I am kicking myself for pretty much having to start all over again. That was a low.  The amount of things that don't fit currently outweighs things that do.
Anyways, I'm really struggling this time around with changing my eating habits. It used to be so easy for me to say no to things, to pass up on the kids snacks. I was motivated to food prep and plan ahead. Now i'm just lazy, THAT has got to change. I see a major shopping trip in my near future. I'm even thinking of busting out the juicer I've had for a year and never taken out of the box.  I know what I have to do and I want to make it happen but there still seems to be some sort of disconnect between the two. I'm trying to be positive, I'm trying to remind myself that it's a process, but there are days that I just can't help but feel discouraged.

On the happy side of things, Steve and I are currently transforming our garage into a gym. We finally were able to splurge a little on something for ourselves. We'll be able to do quite a bit with what we just ordered. Once we have a squat rack and pull up bars it will pretty much be complete. We got it all set up last night, put some flooring down and got rid of some stuff we had been storing in the garage. I can't wait to workout in there tonight! I'm hoping doing something I enjoy will get me even more motivated to workout. And really what's my excuse gonna be now, that I don't want to walk to the garage? Haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment