Friday, March 7, 2014

Back in the swing of things, sort of.

Not being in the gym is one of the things that contributed to my steady weight gain. I blamed Steve's new work hours for no longer allowing me to do 5am workouts. But early morning are not the only time a person can workout and instead of making time I just kept up with the excuses. Part of getting back on track means adjusting my schedule to create time in the evenings to be in the gym. I'm happy to say that even with having the kids I've been able to get my workouts in this week and my food for the week has been much cleaner/healthier. Tuesday I ran 3 miles right after work. Wednesday and Thursday I headed to the gym around 7:30, once everyone was fed and dishes were done. It's not an ideal time, I mean who doesn't want to veg out after being at work all day and then doing the nightly routine at home? But my health and happiness are more important to me then the tv shows waiting for me on the dvr. The good news is I've seen the scale drop a few pounds. But my true indicator of change will be when my clothes start to fit better.

Getting back in to running has been quite interesting. As I'm out there, feet pounding hard on the pavement, feeling like I'm barely moving all I can think is, "how the heck did I run a half marathon?" This 3 mile loop I've been doing is kicking my butt. I spend the entire time trying to get in a groove, trying to settle in to a good stride, but it just doesn't happen. I struggle the entire time. But I tell myself it will get easier, the more I do it the more effortless it will become. Right?
That right there is what motivates me. Getting back in it and having the desire to improve.  Just a small taste has me wanting more.



No comments:

Post a Comment