Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Do what you love

There are constantly infomercials on TV for the latest and greatest workout craze. Every day there seems to be something new, or something better. People looking to get fit often times don't know where to start because there's just so much out there, it's overwhelming. You constantly have people telling you do this not that or "my crossfit gym is better than your globo gym." People need to calm down. I have my own opinion about what I think is best, but living a fit life is something that should make you happy. You should look forward to your workouts, it should bring you pain and joy. If you feel best when you go to Zumba 5 times a week, then my goodness dance it up!
I love the Life as RX brand, I have some of their apparel but I am not a fan of this design...


If you are making an effort to work hard and be healthy then there is no "fail." If it makes you happy and gives you the results you are looking for it's a win. I personally love crossfit style workouts, I like lifting heavy and I like hiking/trail runs. Those things make me happy, I feel good when I finish one of those activities. And I'm aware that what I enjoy is not for everyone.
I didn't discover that I loved these things without first trying them. I tried something new. It can be terrifying but because I've been willing to try new things I've gotten to experience so much and truly know what it is I love. I encourage you to push yourself out of your comfort zone, to try something that might seem scary right now. I also encourage you to be confident in what it is you enjoy. Don't let anyone tell you that you should be doing something different or that what they do is better. That's just rude.


No comments:

Post a Comment