Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Getting back on track

So the past few days have really been a struggle for me. I think partly because I have allowed myself to put unnecessary pressure on myself and forget the real reasons why I'm doing all of this. Instead of keeping in mind my long term goals, and healthy lifestyle change I let myself get wrapped up in the mindset of just wanting the weight off fast, and "dieting" in an unhealthy way to just get rid of the pounds as fast as possible. But I woke up today with a fresh outlook on it all. Thank goodness for a boyfriend who is not only always encouraging but who also reminded me that I just have to focus on each day as it comes. That I can't worry about what I did or ate yesterday and whats going to happen tomorrow. Just like with other aspects of life, I have to focus on how I can make today great.
Before I went for my run this morning I noticed a P90X post on my Facebook wall that said, "Think twice before deciding what to eat and why, making sure that it is healthy and will provide you good nutrition, fill you up, and give you long-term energy."
After reading that, and having Steve's pep talk fresh in my mind I felt so much better about getting back to my regular routine and feeling good about it. All I need to do is focus on today. Think about the foods I'm eating today, and the workouts I'm doing today. It's not rocket science and there doesn't need to be all this pressure and stress. Being healthy really is quite simple when you think about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment