Monday, February 14, 2011

No Stopping Me Now

For a while now I was really feeling like I needed to find a hobby. I really wanted to find something that I was good at that I would enjoy. Scrapbooking is boring to me, and I'm not much of a collector, I have no artistic abilities, and I've tried the music thing, but it dawned on me this week that I now have a hobby, fitness.. It's something I enjoy doing, I workout as soon as I get home from work, and I like it. But running, now running is what I am good at. It didn't start out that way though. Running started because I have a crazy dog who as way too much energy for her own good. So I started out with 2 miles (which I could barely get thru) and then when my goal changed from my dog getting exercise to me losing weight. So I started pushing myself, running further and further. And now here I am training for a half marathon! This past saturday I ran 7 miles in 70 minutes. This is the furthest I have ever run in my entire life. No stoping, no walking, just running. I lucked out because Saturday ended up being a gorgeous day and I was able to run around the lagoon at Lagoon Valley Park aka Pena Adobe. I shocked myself with how "easy" the run felt, I really expected to struggle through it but I felt great and motivated the entire time. I was shocked when I was done and looked at the time, did I really just run 10 minute miles?!
And as I walked the mile back to my car I thought to myself, this is it, this is what I'm good at, this is MY hobby. So now I'm super excited for this coming Saturday to get here so I can run 8 miles.

For those of you curious about my training schedule this is what it looks like:
WeekMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturdaySunday
1Rest2 miRest2.5 miRest3 mi2 mi EZ
2Rest2 milesRest3 miCT or Rest4 mi2.5 mi EZ
3Rest2.5 miCT3 miRest5 mi2 mi EZ
4Rest3 miCT4 miRest6 mi3 mi EZ
5Rest3 miCT3 miRest7 mi3 mi EZ
6Rest4 miCT4 miRest8 mi3 mi EZ
7Rest4 miRest4 miCT9 mi3 mi EZ
8Rest4 miCT3 miRest10 mi3 mi EZ
9Rest5 miCT4 miRest11 miRest
103 mi EZ4 miRest3 miCT12 mi3 mi EZ
11RestCTRest3 miCT5 mi2.5 mi EZ
12Rest2 mi20 minutesRest20 minutesRace Day!Rest Day!


Today is the start of week 6 for me. Today is also the start of week 7 of P90X. Mon, Wed, Fri I do P90X strength training/abs and usually cardio like the elliptical or stationary bike. My nutrition has been on point and as far as daily calories are concerned, I've learned to just listen to my body and adjust accordingly. It seems like alot, and like I would be exhausted but because I'm getting the right amount of sleep and eating clean my body can handle it. Granted some Sundays i'm pretty wiped out and just skip my run.

No comments:

Post a Comment