Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Diet shmiet...eat clean!

As Steve and I sat on the couch together last night, flipping through the channels on tv he said to me, "If we're going to watch a movie or something lets go watch tv in bed." This instantly made me start cracking up because it was only 8pm. "We are so old!" I said back. We laughed about our oldness/lameness for a minute and then he said to me, "We're not old, we just have a different lifestyle than most people." It made me feel kinda proud inside when he said that, because he's totally right. So what if we climb in bed at 8pm, it's because we're dedicated to getting up at 5am and hitting it hard in the gym before we head to work. So yay for us!

I've been cooking up some new stuff lately and I've got a couple recipes I must share. I'm currently obsessed with turkey meatloaf muffins. They are super easy to make and they are super delish! Steve and I have been eating them pretty much every day for lunch and until he complains I plan to keep on makin 'em. I got the recipe from Little b who has some really good ideas/recipes on her blog, here's the link to the meatloaf recipe...turkey meatloaf muffins.
Turkey meat loaf muffins, sweet potatoes, and chicken/broccoli/brown rice stir fry
Another thing I attempted this week were paleo pumpkin muffins, the consitancy wasn't totally the same as a white flour muffin but they were pretty damn tasty and I plan on making more this weekend and trying some new flavors also. The recipe calls for almond butter, but I left it out since I didn't have any on hand. Paleo pumpkin muffins. If you're curious about paleo or doing a paleo challenge http://www.fastpaleo.com/ is a great website with great recipes.


Eating clean doesn't have to be boring or mean eating celery sticks all day long. If you're willing to try new things and experiment in the kitchen you'll be surprised. There are so many great blogs and websites out there with amazing recipes that are not only tasty but easy.

Since it's a new year I hear a lot of people talk about the "diets" they're on. Most of them are absolutley ridiculous. Pretty much just a bunch of starving oneself and cutting out everything good our bodies need. I'll never understand why people would rather put themselves through a crash diet that will wreck their body instead of nourishing it by eating clean. It all seems so clear to me now, and I'm determined to spread what "clean eating" means to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment