Thursday, January 12, 2012

No Resolutions Here...

I will be honest with you and let you in on a little secret, I was not a very good girl this holiday season. For about 2 weeks I let "the holidays" be my excuse for every sweet yummy thing I put in my mouth. I didn't slack in the gym, but my eating habits were far from clean. This past Sunday I finally cleaned out the cupboards and tossed all the junk and hit up Trader Joe's to restock. I've been really good about prepping all my meals and have been eating clean all week. It feels great to be back to my norm. I honestly wish I would have had more self  control during Christmas because I can tell that junk had a negative effect but it's in the past and I'm focused. Taking the time to prep food whether it be before bed or further ahead can benefit you greatly. When we're on the run and unprepared is when we fall into fast food. So having meals pre made and in tupperware ready to go is the best thing to do for yourself during the week. 

My weight is always going to be something that I will have to focus on in life. I'm never going to be able to stop working out or stop eating clean, to not only maintain but to also continue to see results, it's always going to be something I have to work at. And I'm ok with that, it's not a terrible hobby to have. But I think realizing that about myself is really important. I think the trouble for a lot of people who fluctuate in weight is that they have a goal, reach that goal and then say, now what? Instead of making fitness part of their every day life and choosing to eat clean for life, they stop cold turkey and fall back into life before loss. And so the cycle of losing weight and gaining it all back again continues. Then when the next reunion rolls around its another crash diet to look good in a stupid dress you'll only wear once cuz two months from then it won't fit! How much fun is that?
When I finished P90X I didn't stop. I joined 24 and became bodybuilding.com's biggest fan. Too many people say they don't go to the gym because they don't know what to do. That's where bodybuilding.com come into play, there are TONS of workout plans and if you see an exercise you've never done before and don't know how to do it, there is a video a to watch to show you proper technique. For about 8 months now I've been using the site to make my workouts, I incorporate things from the blogs I follow, magazines I read, and even Steve teaches me a thing or two every now and then. The key is to keep learning, keep pushing, keep getting better, and DON'T STOP.

So, I don't normally make new years resolutions because well I don't think you should just make changes at the first of the year. So this is my new years "realization."
People are always saying, "We should hang out", "Let's get together soon", "I miss you" Listen up people, don't say these things to me unless you mean it. Don't feel obligated to blurt out these phrases. If you wanna hang out with me, give me a call, lets make some plans. I feel like people are always saying this and then just sit back and wait for me to make the first move. Wait for me to make plans, or come up with something to go do. I'm always driving here or there to go meet up with someone or see someone who wants to hang out but waited for me to draw up an agenda. How about from now on you call me, you think of something to do, and you come take a trip to my neck of the woods? I'm not trying to sound like a bitch, but I'm aware that this could totally come off that way. I'm just sayin I'm sort of tired of being the one who has to make the plans in my relationships. I'm busy, you're busy, we're all living busy lives. Some of us have kids, some of us don't. The weeks/weekends Steve and I have his I like to devote to them, but I'm free two weeks and weekends out of the month. I'm not against calling up a friend and saying we should go out to eat or go see a movie, but I wish more people initiated hanging out too, and not just saying "we should hang out." I dunno, maybe I smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment