Thursday, April 21, 2011

Arividerchi bread! See you later pasta!

So Ashely and I had our first biggest loser weigh in this Tuesday. My weight and measurements weren't too depressing, especially if I look back to when I first started, and I feel like the goal I've set for myself in this little challenge of ours isn't unrealistic or out of reach. This is my second week of 5am workouts and I'm still loving it. I feel energized when I get to work and being able to just come home and relax when the day is over is a big plus. Last week I decided to try a little something called a Spin class, and I love it because losing buckets of sweat when I work out really makes me feel good. If you go to a gym where spin classes are offered you've got to try it, don't be intimidated, you catch on alot quicker then you think.
Now I've been stuck in this 130's plateau for quite a while now, and while my weight has never really been my main concern I am trying to work harder lately to finally see the 20's on the scale. What I would really like to see go down more than the scale is the size of my jeans, and the thing that effects that the most is my waist. Unfortunately thats where I put all my weight and coincidentally that is a tough spot to lose weight...go figure! It has been shrinking for sure, but with summer right around the corner I've decided to commit to a 30 days of the paleo diet. http://paleodietlifestyle.com/
I'd really like to see these stubborn inches come off my waist so I figured this, in combination with killing it the gym, could really help me make it happen. Paleo is essentially a no carb no dairy diet, which is clearly not for everyone. Going without the dairy will be fairly easy, but saying goodbye to breads, pasta, etc. for the next 30 days could be rough. I've never really been a big "diet" person because I don't feel like depriving myself of the foods I love is fair, but I figure 30 days won't kill me and hopefully it will be worth it in the end.
Lately I keep hearing the word "skinny" being spoken about me! Let me tell you this is a new thing for me, I don't even know what to say. It feels really good though, I know that. But I think the reason it really feels great to hear it is because of how hard I know I have been working. I haven't just starved myself or had some procedure, I have been dedicated to 100% hard work. I have totally changed my lifestyle, and in doing so not only have I gotten in better shape, but I have found a hobby that I love, and have been encouragement to other people around me. A year ago I never would have thought this is where I would be at, but I am so thankful that my 2 mile runs with Chloe back in December have snow balled into this!

No comments:

Post a Comment