Monday, April 25, 2011

Holidays don't have to = epic failure

"Perfectionism is not an attribute in my opinion so don't beat yourself up when you miss a few workouts or eat some Easter candy. The goal is to have far more good days than bad. Exercise for the joy of feeling good and getting better. Eat right with the intention of fueling your body with the things it needs to perform." -Tony Horton
On my facebook page I am fans of both P90X and Beachbody, It's definitely uplifiting to log into my page and see amidst the drama & random posts, some encouragement and inspiration. I saw this quote posted earlier this week and It has really stuck with me, especially as I choose foods to eat througout the day. I'm on day 6 of the Paleo diet and I'm slowly starting to adjust. We have all these ideas in our heads of what certain meals need to consist of and when your challenged to cut alot of foods out of your diet you begin to think outside of the box. For example, for breakfast we eat "breakfast foods", cereal, toast, eggs, waffles, oatmeal, etc. In reality we should be focusing more on the nutrients and fueling our body for the day. For the past 5 days eggs have been a major part of my breakfast because they are the only "breakfast food" that is Paleo ok. But this morning the thought of eating another egg made me sick, so I thought of what Tony said, "eat with the intention of fueling my body." So thats what I did. I packed up some leftover bbq chicken from Easter, fruit salad, and a handful of nuts. What looked like lunch was really my breakfast. It filled me up and I got a dose of protein, fruit, and fats from the nuts. I'm learning that with Paleo I just need to think outside of the box. There are plenty of foods out there that will keep me full and focused that don't come in a cereal box.
It's amazing how much self control you begin to gain the longer you are serious about fitness. The old Sheri, who dieted here and there, would have stuffed her face all day long yesterday. My mom had an amazing spread and in the past I could never say no to just one bite, or one taste. I tried a couple bites of things here and there and was satisfied with myself, it's Easter I wasn't going to say no, but at the same time that didn't mean I had to say OH YES. My dinner was Paleo approved and dessert was yummy. It probably does help to have a 3 and 5 year old around though, they kept me too busy too even think about munching all day. So yesterday was a cheat day, and i'm sorry Paleo but I ate carbs...and dairy. But the holiday is over, the candy left the house with the kids and i'm back to giving it 100%. I did skip my 5am workout this morning, but a girls got to sleep in at some point. Don't worry, I never completely miss a workout, just means I'll be there tonight with all the body builders and beauty queens.

No comments:

Post a Comment