Friday, April 15, 2011

The More The Merrier

I'm feeling inspired to write another entry for this week thanks to some really kind words and encouragement from a friend. When I first started this whole fitness journey I was doing it totally on my own. No blog, no workout partner, no nutritionist, no personal trainer, or motivational speaker. It was me, the pavement and my P90X dvds. And I think thats the way it needs to start, alone with yourself, facing your "demons." You need to be real and honest with yourself to be able to be successful in such a transformation.

BUT, as you get going and you really start to make progress...thats when you need positive people in your life to encourage you. And I don't just mean people on the sidelines cheering you on, but people who are as serious about their health and fitness as you are. After doing the same routine for so long you can start to get comfortable and slack off, thats why for me Steve came home at the perfect time. I had really been pushing myself but when he came back from Germany I had him to push me more. If he got up and went to the gym, well I just wasn't gonna let him keep making progress and just sit back, heck I was gonna go too. He never had to tell me to go workout or eat this not that, our competitive relationship just made me want to stay on top of things to stay even with him. Haha. I got up at 5am this morning to go workout, and he knew that if he didn't get up then also that he wouldn't have time at any other point today to go workout. And there was no way he was gonna be ok with knowing I worked out today and he didn't. So we challenge each other, we encourage, and we compliment...and it works.

Now this little blog of mine is really becoming the tool I wanted it to be. Because now a friend has read it and is challenging me. Seeing the discipline I have, encouraged her to push herself. And now we have, Biggest Loser Tuesdays...we're gonna weigh in and watch the show lol. But how great is that?! I now have someone else, not just cheering me along, but working with me and challenging me to stay on track. Now weigh ins will be in the back of my mind and I'll make better choices when I'm struggling. Having a support group is great, but having someone in the trenches with you is even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment