Friday, April 29, 2011

I'm in love...with health & fitness.

First of all I need to start off by saying that some boyfriends bring their girlfriends flowers, mine brings me supplements, and I LOVE him for it! I don't need a stinkin plant, I need my thermogenics haha. What a thoughtful guy, I think I might keep him around a while longer :-p

This week was Ashley and I's second "biggest loser" weigh in. I was really hoping to see some changes, especially after a week of Paleo (minus Easter Sunday aka cheat day), and drum roll please....I lost 2 pounds, woot woot! Ok, nothing major but it was nice to know that this crazy little diet is giving some results. Plus I've finally settled into a nice little weekly routine at the gym. I love and hate 5am so much. Spin is my new favorite hobby, but I am still very anxious about running. I tested things out last week and after about 2 minutes of jogging on the treadmil, I could feel the pain start to creep up the back of my ankle. I'm considering making another attempt this weekend, but instead of the treadmil I think a dirt trail might be a little more forgiving on my ankle.
My paleo diet has been going well, and I've even tried some recipes from the paleo diet lifestyle website. I have found though that some days (because of time or my workouts) I do need to modify slightly, and I'm ok with that. And surprisingly my cravings aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I really don't have any desire to scarf down a loaf of bread or eat a block of cheese, oh but I do miss cereal!
My new found passion and enthusiasm about fitness has really been on my heart and mind lately. The more I educate and push myself, the more I feel that I want fitness and health to have an even bigger role in my life then it does currently. Once I reach my goal, I want to be able to help other people reach theirs. Becoming a personal trainer or being involved in the fitness industry in some way has been an idea bouncing around in my head lately. I think it would be a heck of a lot more fun then sitting behind a desk all day, and I think it's something I should start seriously considering. Wow, who would have thought...14 lbs ago if you would have told me I would be blogging about a career in fitness I would have laughed at you.

 "I just don't think that Brooke could've done this. Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands, they just don't." -Elle Woods, Legally Blonde.
Yay for exercise! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment