Wednesday, April 13, 2011

"Cuz its 1, 2, 3 strikes you're out!"

Sooo....looks like i'm on the mend for another 4 weeks. Strained my achilles tendon and doc said it could take up to 8 weeks to heal (its already been about 4). I'm still allowed to workout as long as the workouts I'm doing are not causing pain and I'm supposed to keep my ankle wrapped ALL the time. Oh, and no high heel shoes :-/
The positive pep talk I needed came at just the right time yesterday. An agent I work with is a runner, and when I say runner I mean RUNNER. This woman does 100 mile endurance runs and she's in her 70's (makes my half marathon look like a stroll around the pond lol). But I told her about how it was so hard for me to watch other people run, that everytime I saw someone outside jogging I wanted to throw something at them. She laughed and said she has the same feeling when she gets injured, so I'm glad I'm not crazy. She encouraged me to not let go of my goal to run a 1/2 marathon this year and was confident that if I kept up with my cardio I would be able to jump back into my running no problem once I was healed. It's pretty amazing how all the right people get placed in our lives throughout the years. It's nice to have someone who is so knowledgeable about my new hobby.
Since getting my membership to 24 I've been pretty consistant with going almost everyday. I've always done night workouts but it looks like I'm gonna start switching it up and doin the whole crazy wake up at 5am routine in order to have my night to just CHILL out. So far it hasn't been to terrible and there are alot less people at the gym at that time. Thinkin my new schedule is gonna be something like Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri -5am Wednesdays 5pm (since I work different hours on wed's) and Saturdays - whenever I wake up and get my butt there. Sundays I'll have off. I'm finally getting back on an eating plan that I can be happy with and its a relief to not have all that "junk food guilt."
Because I'm trying to be good again, last nights Giants game was a definate first. I don't go to games without having a hotdog, garlic fries, and a beer. I mean thats what baseball is all about right?
My wonderful bf packed me a sandwich, carrots, nuts, and granola bars. I had plenty to munch on that wasnt covered in grease or sugar. My only splurge was the AMAZING hot chocolate we bought somewhere around the 7th inning when it was FREEZING cold. I had to have something to warm me up. One of the major ups to packing ur own healthy snacks for the game is that you don't have to miss any of it while waiting in those ridiculously long lines, and then try and shimmy back to ur seat holding trays of food while stepping on every single persons foot in your row. Instead I got to watch a great, exciting game and I 
wasn't in a food coma on the drive home :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment