Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cardio = Love

So I need to start off this blog by saying I am so glad Steve's stage is flying by. More than halfway over and I'm counting down the days til I get to pick him up at the airport! It's also nice knowing that I'm going to have a couple weeks off when he's back. Vacation time in Oregon and then its back home to pack up the apartment and settle into a house (which I haven't found yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the right thing will come along.)
I think a major part of the reason that time seems to be flying by is because I am occupying my time with something so positive. It's a big change that has sort of taken over my life. And who knew putting so much focus into myself and my health would lead me to learn other things about myself and desires for the future. This is bigger then just working out, this is a life change. And boy is it exciting!
Ok so onto what I really want to talk about tonight. Cardio. For most people cardio is a love hate relationship. They know its good for them but dread it because it's hard work. For me it's a love love relationship. I feel so great when I'm done running, or pushing myself on the elliptical, or doing plyometrics. I don't just feel good because I know I worked hard, but it makes me feel happy and relieves all the stress and crap I had to deal with at work all day. I believe that if everyone spent AT LEAST 30 min a day doing some serious cardio, there would be alot less people on anti-depressants. It's impossible to not feel happy when you're done with a workout. And that is now what keeps me working out. Not only because I'm getting in shape but it feels good! The list of positives just goes on and on. How many pro's can you think of that come along with sitting on the couch watching tv all night? None right? So put down the remote and the carton of ice cream and get to work!
My assignment for this week is fine tuning my eating. I don't think my caloric intake is quite right yet and I've really got to stick to eating every 3 hours on schedule. I still can't get over that, when I started this whole thing I never thought I would be eating so much. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment