Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 4 Slump

Today has been a struggle for me, mentally. Most days these past few weeks I have been pumped! Super excited to wake up and work out and just as excited to do my run once I'm off work. I've not felt like that at all today though. I don't know if it's because I have a case of the Monday's or if I just needed the right push to get my mind right. So much has been on my mind since I started this quest. I spend hours reading blogs, reading beachbody.com, perfecting my eating schedule, trying to make multiple workouts fit into my day, researching nutrition, measuring foods, planning meals, tracking calories, oh man the list goes on and on. It's become my focus. Some of my friends think it's somewhat obsessive, and to someone not in my shoes I can see how it would seem that way. But to get myself to where I need to be and really be dedicated for once in my life this is what it is taking.
But today I just didn't feel that drive, I felt complacent, and that scared me. Was I about to blow it all for myself by just not caring today?! To make matters worse, someone thought it would be a great idea to bring pizza to work today. REALLY?! Today has felt like one giant test. I can proudly say I passed the pizza test! I was starving when it arrived so I quickly took off for lunch, headed home and had my turkey & veggie pita. But I continued to drag through the afternoon, dreading my evening workout. And then I signed on to blog, but first I noticed that on one of the blogs I follow there was a new post. And it was the push I needed!

"no matter whether you are doing p90x or just going to the gym, the daily motivation to get up off your ass and go comes from not settling. not settling for the body you have. the weight you are at. not settling for being at risk for diabetes or any other disease/illness. the motivation comes from not settling for where you are at, but to keep pushing for bigger and better things."  From: http://aliciagirardeau.blogspot.com
Thank you Alicia!

This reminded me why I started this whole thing to begin with, because I wanted bigger and better things, because I didn't want to settle for the body I have. So dangit I'm not going to settle. I'm going to go home, get my running shoes on and hit the pavement. I'm going to plan out tomorrows workout schedule and food. And it's going to feel a million times better when I sit down on the couch tonight, knowing what I accomplished today.

No comments:

Post a Comment