Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's never been effortless

Those girls who can eat and drink whatever they want, whenever they want, and maybe waltz into the gym whenever they feel like it, and remain a size 2...I'm not one of those girls. At every point in my life that I've been "thin" it was because of the busy athletic schedule that I had. In junior high I was running cross country and dancing, in high school it was dance, basketball and soccer. Hours of practice everyday after school was just something that came along with being on a team. I never looked at it as forced exercise and because it was keeping me in shape, I never really worried about what I was eating. Needless to say, things started to change once I graduated and suicides were no longer apart of my afternoon schedule. Lets also factor in poor eating habits, and all the stressful drama that comes along with being a girl. Two years after graduating and I was two sizes bigger, and stayed that way.
Now let me say that I do not think I'm "fat." Do I think I'm in great shape? No. Do I think I'm the size I should be? I know I'm not. There have been many attempts made the past few years to get myself back on track, to be healthy and exercise regularly, and it always lasted a little while but then I would cave into temptation.
Now with Steve being gone since December, I needed a hobby, something to pass the time. So I started taking my dog every night for regular runs, nothing crazy, just 2 miles. Well after Christmas I had a ton of gift cards and went shopping. Well apparently all this running was paying off because for the first time in a LONG time trying on all those clothes was fun! AND, I was a size smaller.
Now that was the motivation I really needed to get serious and kick things up a notch. If just running a couple miles a day was giving me results, then what would changing my eating habits do...or incorporating P90X. So now here I am, week 2 of my intense journey. I've increased the miles I run and am using P90X 3 days a week for my strength training. I look in the mirror every night and I see results. I'm excited about clothes again, and shopping and eating clean. I look forward to my brutal workouts and feel a sense of pride when I'm done each night.

So what the heck is the point of this blog? To be honest, I don't really know. Maybe a way to keep myself accountable. Maybe a way to get out my frustrations or share my triumphs. I'm just kind of going with it and seeing where it takes me. Motivational words, tips, and any other positive input is encouraged. I'm trying to be as honest with you as I can find the courage to be, so please be gentle with your comments :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment