Friday, January 14, 2011

Losing weight means eating more??

So i've done a little research, and actually sat down and read the P90X nutrition book. Apparently I'm not eating as many calories a day as I should be since I'm working out so hard. So now comes the task of making myself eat more to ensure my metabolism does not slow down. This meant a 7am trip to Safeway before getting ready for work this morning, to make sure I had the GOOD foods I need to make it through the day. And can I just say that it is completely ridiculous that everything good and healthy for us costs 2x more than all the crap and junk most people buy.
Anyways, along with eating more calories, ugh, I'm also trying to only eat foods from the first two tiers of Michi's Ladder http://www.beachbody.com/category/michis_ladder.do
At first I had intended to let myself have one cheat meal once a week, If I had worked hard all week long. But to be honest I'm at the point now where I'm enjoying what I am eating, and cheat meals will only come into play on occasions when they are needed, like a party or family gathering.
Unfortunatlely the snack I had planned for this morning was sabotaged, because someone swiped the apple I had at my desk. So now just my almonds will have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment